“Through providing a nurturing inclusive and inspiring environment we aim to ensure that everyone becomes a lifelong learner, confident to reach their potential”
Play is the foundation for all future learning. At Greenfield ‘play’ is our main method of teaching. We know that children learn best when they are deeply engrossed in meaningful activity. Play is meaningful to children, and our highly skilled practitioners are able to support children to learn new skills and gain new knowledge through observation, reflection and a carefully planned environment.
I am proud to call myself the Headteacher of our wonderful school that offers a safe, caring, secure and nurturing environment. Our vision of `Work together, succeed together` is evident throughout and parents value the supportive relationships we build.
Starting nursery is a very exciting time and we support all families to be welcomed into the school community. The children are the heart of the school and their learning and development as individuals is important to us all.
Our team, including Governors and highly qualified and experienced staff enables secure relationships to develop and builds on a sense of family.
- to work in partnership with parents and carers
- to provide an environment where every young child is given the opportunity to reach their full potential through a curriculum which addresses individual need and interest
- to create an atmosphere where you and your children feel welcomed, comfortable and where your child may grow and develop in secure and happy surroundings
- to encourage and support tolerance towards others; learning to share and developing the ability to negotiate. These are important skills that provide a foundation for independence, confidence and self-discipline
- to provide activities that are carefully planned to ensure all children have the opportunity to develop their knowledge, understanding and skills in all areas
- to encourage children to develop educational characteristics of learning
We have large well-resourced spaces for learning so that children can develop their curiosity, knowledge and confidence.
I very much look forward to meeting you and working with you at the start of your child’s journey into education.
Thank you for choosing Greenfield Nursery School
Mrs Mireilli Forest